It's the final week of work before Christmas and Code Drop have sponsored me to work on core for the whole week :). I've been working towards a successful end to end migration from Drupal 6 to Drupal 8 and after debugging 5 core bugs, I finally have a working solution. Checkout the video!
The video shows an out the box Drupal 6 website with a bunch of fields, taxonomies and settings created. Most of the stuff comes across to Drupal 8 but there are still a few issues that need work.
Current Core Bugs
These are the core bugs that are required to get this demo working.
- Filter formats on cck text fields are not looked up in the idMap
- d6_file errors out with temporary files
- Link migration needs to convert source url into the appropriate route format for storage
- File field need associated metadata during cck_field migration
- User Profile entity form display need third_party_settings initialised